Never download an asset again!
Managing a Brand Course
Module 3 — Lesson 6
Today we are taking a look into the future. More and more companies are switching to a cloud-based SaaS solution for managing their digital assets and moving away from hard drives and disorganized ways of managing their content. But why is that and what can DAM systems offer other than just a spot where all your files are stored? That’s what we will be discussing in the final lesson of this course.
Why is digital asset management on the rise? Various reports analyzing the digital asset management market are predicting huge growth in DAM solution adoption by the year 2030. These are just some of the reasons they found for this trend:
- A major driver for the adoption of DAM solutions is the high return on investments. As a result, the spending by organizations for asset management is expected to increase, during the forecast period.
- Customer engagement is emerging as the most effective method of customer retention, and mobile phones are the foundation of this trend. The number of connected devices is increasing, globally. With solutions, like interactive store windows, digital signage, wearable devices, marketers are finding it difficult to create and deliver assets that offer consistent and compelling brand messages across the screens.
- The increasing recognition of digital assets across the world is creating opportunities for growth.
This seems fairly logical, doesn’t it? There is no denying that customer attraction and retention requires multiple digital touch points and quality content. Nowadays most marketing and communications have gone digital because it’s cheaper, more efficient and allows for better targeting. And most of us spend the majority of our time in the web anyway!
Where is digital asset management going? We believe, as disruptors of this market, that DAM solutions shouldn’t stop at just storing assets in a secure way. DAM should be at the heart of all your departments, it shouldn’t be just another marketing or branding tool. Our vision for digital asset management is more strategic.
Connect all stakeholders to your brand. Everyone who works with your brand — from the executive delivering presentations to the board, to the receptionist sending announcements with your logo in their email signature — should be brand consistent and have access to your DAM solution for material that is relevant to their role in your company.
Maximize user experience. Does this mean that they need to always login to a software every time they need an image or a file? Not in our vision. Ideally, they don’t even know that they have a DAM. A system needs to be so user-friendly that it steers employees to the most up-to-date asset that fits their needs without adding any steps to the process.
DAM connects with everything. The way we are going to achieve this level of user satisfaction is through advanced integrations. Let’s say you have the trusted PowerPoint open and you are creating a presentation for the next sprint meeting. To make the presentation more engaging, you are adding pictures, illustrations, maybe even gifs if you are feeling wild. Wouldn’t it be nicer if you could access all these pieces of content directly from the PowerPoint app instead of opening a folder or another app to search or scroll through your options? Sign us up.
Never download an asset again. The rise of cloud-based solutions and applications has an annoying and inefficient side effect: the constant exporting, importing, downloading, uploading, rendering struggle. I know all you professionals who regularly handle video files (which are getting bigger and bigger with the increase in quality) experience this all the time. Advanced DAM solutions, like Lytho, will make all this obsolete. You can edit, save and share all your content from your single source of truth without ever downloading a single file on your laptop. Not only will this reduce headaches, but it will also increase security, free up space on your hard drive, and help everyone work remotely.
Digital content management will only become more important in the future. It will be the solution enabling companies to always stay on brand and maximize all their digital content operations. If you’d like to hear more about how our vision for the future of DAM can benefit your company, get in touch with Lytho experts. They can give you the tools you need to get the most out of your brand and the best out of your people. Thank you for following this course and I hope to hear from you in the future!
Module 1: Brand management
- Introduction video
- How to improve brand management across all channels
- Managing a brand remotely
- Pivoting a brand to fit customer objectives and revenue goals
- Managing brand consistency with external stakeholders
- Brand KPIs
- Brand metrics: measuring brand awareness
- Brand reputation management
Module 2: Content and brand
- Introduction video
- How brand ties into content
- Social media management
- Workflow management
- Why content marketing works
- Challenges and opportunities in modern content marketing
Module 3: Managing branded assets
- Introduction video
- What is the best platform for you to manage branded content
- What is the best taxonomy for managing digital content
- The benefits of Digital Asset Management for your brand
- The business value of Digital Asset Management
- Guide to choosing a DAM + Implementation checklist & ROI calculator
- Never download an asset again!
Originally published at https://www.lytho.com.