Are you looking to grow your website traffic? Thanks to Artificial Intelligence (AI), it has never been easier.
In this article, we will go over tools, processes, and frameworks to help you get more website visits through SEO and Social Media Marketing.
If you want to go deeper into this subject, check out the book; How to Get 1,000,000 Websites Visits with the Help of AI.
In this article:
- Growth Mindset
- Common Challenges When Growing Website Traffic
- Growing Website Traffic With Social Media And AI
- Growing Website Traffic With SEO And AI
- Growing Website Traffic With AI Strategy
Growing website traffic takes a certain type of mindset. There are no quick and easy ways. AI has arrived and it’s making things easier. It is especially taking care of a lot of boring and repetitive tasks, but growing website traffic still takes time and you need to put in the work and ‘trust the process’.
In this article, we’re going to discuss how to increase website traffic with AI using Social Media Marketing and SEO. Chances are that you’ll be stronger at one or the other. Make sure you prioritize your strengths but also experiment with the other.
Common Challenges When Growing Website Traffic
The most common challenges I see people make when trying the grow their website traffic are the following:
- No deep understanding of their target group and the value they bring;
- No deep focus on the content they create;
- Basic SEO knowledge;
- Basic Social Media knowledge;
If you follow the steps presented in this article, you’ll be able to grow your website traffic in no time.
The better you overcome the abovementioned challenges, the faster you will grow.
All your marketing activities revolve around your audience. Make sure you understand them well and help them with valuable content.
Growing Website Traffic With Social Media And AI
There are two ways AI can help you grow website traffic with Social Media Marketing.
- Creating social media posts to promote existing content (blog post, webinar, video, eBook, etc.);
- Creating social media posts without existing content in mind.
Let’s first have a look at how AI can help you create great social media captions to promote an existing blog article.
StoryLab.ai has a cool tool that helps you create up to 25 social media captions from one blog post. Check out the video below to see how easy it is. All you need to do is copy/paste snippets from your blog post and after the AI tool did the heavy lifting, you add your human touch to the ideas and schedule them.
Now let’s have a look at how AI can help you create effective social posts without having an existing content piece in mind.
Simply enter your thoughts in StoryLab.ai’s AI-Powered Social Media Caption Generator and get inspired by the various angles the AI uses to talk about that topic.
Here’s what it looks like when I enter ‘The state of AI’
Outputs the AI Tool Generated on the first run:
- What does the future of AI look like? 🤔 From data privacy to machine learning algorithms, our panel of experts dives deeper into this topic and discusses the state of AI today. Tune in for a thought-provoking virtual event on June 15th! #AI #TechTalk
- Let’s talk about the state of AI. 🤖 We’re advancing into a new era, where understanding, decision-making and innovation are at the forefront — all powered by #AI.
- The power of Artificial Intelligence is only just beginning to be seen 🤖. Join the conversation and stay informed about the state of AI and its impact on our society ➡️
I decided to give the tool another run and here’s the second batch of ideas:
- AI is on the rise. From powering internet searches to automating customer service, artificial intelligence will play an increasingly large role in our lives. 🤖 What does the future of AI look like? Let’s find out together!
- AI is transforming our world. With research at an all-time high, now’s the time to discuss the state of #AI and how it will continue to shape the future. What are your thoughts? 🤔
- What’s the future of AI? With new advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotics emerging every day- the possibilities are seemingly limitless! 🤖 #AI #FutureSoBright
Growing Website Traffic With SEO And AI
There are also a couple of common mistakes I see when people are creating content that is meant to rank well in Google and get traffic in.
The most common mistakes I see, specifically for SEO, are:
- Not having a great understanding of their target audience;
- Not creating content that actually answers a question people might search in Google;
- Going after highly competitive keywords right away;
- Not building enough authority for the topic they’re trying to rank for.
You don’t just want traffic. You want the right people to visit your website and therefore you need to have a deep understanding of who your target group is, what questions they have and answer those questions with great content.
To figure out if people actually search for a topic you want to create content for and understand how competitive a keyword is, you can use Keyword Research Tools like Semrush to get that data.
StoryLab.ai has partnered with Semrush to give you a 14-day free trial instead of a 7-day free trial. You can create an account for free and cancel anytime within the 14 days without getting charged. When creating your account, Semrush will ask for a credit card to ensure people don’t just create new accounts every 14 days.
Bonus resource: How to do Keyword Research for SEO [Free worksheet included]
Next to understanding your audience and what type of content you should be creating, you also need to build authority within Google.
One of the best ways of doing that is by making sure you’re creating highly related content on a topic.
If you’re running a Gardening Blog, you might be tempted to write about apple trees, strawberries, watermelons, tomatoes, etc. If you want to really build authority as fast as possible, pick one topic, create at least 20 articles around that topic, use internal links, and only then proceed to the next topic.
For the gardening example, you might want to first write about apple trees. You can write about:
- Pruning apple trees in the winter;
- Pruning apple trees in the summer;
- Common apple tree pruning mistakes;
- Growing healthy apple trees;
- Most delicious apples to grow;
- Best apples to grow in USA;
This will signal to Google that you are an authority when it comes to apples and apple trees and will increase your chances to rank well.
The downside is… It’s boring! You want to also write about delicious strawberries, pumpkins, you name it.
That’s where AI comes in! AI can help with boring repetitive tasks.
StoryLab.ai’s co-founder, Erwin Lima, wrote an article on how to write an article within 30 minutes with the help of AI. Be sure to check it out.
The way you should use AI to grow website traffic with SEO is:
- Understand your audience;
- Do your keyword research;
- Cluster your content and cover a topic the best you can before proceeding to the next topic;
- Use AI to help with boring repetitive tasks and overcome writer’s block.
Growing Website Traffic With AI Strategy
AI and other tools are great for marketers to achieve goals like growing website traffic. Tools are never at the center. They are there to help with execution and allow you to focus on what matters most (strategy) while doing boring, repetitive tasks quicker.
Make sure your strategy is sound and you experiment with how AI can help. Here are some additional resources to help you on your way to success:
- How to write more and better with the help of AI
- On-Page SEO checklist [Free worksheet included]
- How to Set up Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
Dive deeper into what we’ve been discussing in this article. Check out the book.
Originally published at https://storylab.ai on June 7, 2023.