What is the difference between BAM and DAM?
Digital Asset Management (DAM) and Brand Asset Management (BAM) are very similar, but there are some key differences.
Brand Asset Management (BAM) means organization, storage and retrieval of important branding information in order to communicate according to the brand guidelines and standards, therefore protecting the brand’s identity.
A company’s brand is its most valuable asset. Brand value or customer based brand equity is built by continuous and consistent branding. Digital or brand assets are valuable property of a company. They consist of digital files, digital media, images, logos, documents, videos, presentations, et cetera. The distinction between an asset and a regular file is — and there is that keyword again — value.
Digital files can be considered digital assets, but not all digital files are an asset to the company.
The assets of a brand, which are more or less tangible, play an important role for marketers who manage, control and maintain the corporate identity.
Digital Asset Management is a management form that carries the tools marketers need for consistent branding. DAM software contains the brand guidelines, a media library containing all the brand’s assets and a workflow module where all marketing publications can be monitored before they are published.
Digital Asset Management → Brand Asset Management → Brand Equity
In short: Digital Asset Management software contains, amongst others, brand assets. Therefore, Digital Asset Management complements and strengthens the Brand Asset Management. BAM adds value to a brand, which leads to high brand equity.
BAM or DAM software?
Luckily, you don’t have to choose between the two. Brand Asset Management is an integrated part of Digital Asset Management software. The main goal with DAM is the centralization and consistent use of assets, which includes brand assets.
Digital Asset Management
- What is digital asset management?
- Why use digital asset management?
- Features of a digital asset management system
- Digital asset management in 60 seconds [video]
- Digital asset management terminology
- What is the future of digital asset management?
- Digital asset management benefits
- Digital asset management checklist
- Digital asset management security
- Digital asset management ROI
- How to choose a digital asset management system
- Digital asset management taxonomy
- Digital asset management implementation guide
- Digital asset management customer cases
- Digital asset management vs. document management
- Digital asset management vs. brand asset management
Digital Asset Management for industries
Originally published at https://www.lytho.com.